What you need to know to get you project off the ground:
There are many steps involved with any construction project. At Team Z we feel that having an informed client helps get the project completed on time and within budget. We like giving answers to questions and explaining the process in as much detail as possible. We are here to keep you informed and also to keep the lines of communication open. Below is a short list of some of the steps involved in any building project.
1. The scope of work needs to be described. We need to have a good idea of what you want.
2. In new construction the land needs to be evaluated and local zoning needs to be evaluated. This will include things like water meters, electricity, road work, right of way, water retention ponds, city requirements, deed restrictions, and phone/internet.
3. An architect will need to draw plans. These will have to be approved by the city.
4. Several levels of engineering will need to occur before the city will accept any plans. Structural engineering will be required as well as MEP(mechanical, electrical and plumbing).
5. ADA laws always apply so an ADA inspector will be required to review the plans and do an on site review. This review will be submitted to TDLR.
6. The fire marshal will need to approved all plans in relation to fire safety and will conduct an inspection at the end of the build.
7. Building will start with any foundation work which will include a test of the concrete by an independent tester.
8. Framing will occur and at this time plumbing electrical and HVAC will place all ducting required.
9. During this process city inspections will occur at each step. All specialty permits with plumbing , electrical and HVAC will be called by the respective specialists since that is required by their specialty license. All other inspections will be called by the GC.
10. Construction will continued until all inspections have been completed. A final occupancy certificate will be issued only after the fire marshal has done his last inspection.
Please note that this is not and all inclusive list. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. 254-304-0529